The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award

A few months ago I received The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award from my friend and writing colleague, Mary E. McIntyre. Due to a hectic schedule around that time, I failed to respond and fulfill the obligations of the award. These are: to thank the person, tell 7 things about myself and pass the award on to other new bloggers. So here goes.


Thank you, Mary, for nominating me for the award. I appreciate the honour and I appreciate you! I first met Mary in one of Allyson Latta’s online memoir writing courses in 2007 and from my first impression I knew Mary was intelligent, sensitive and friendly. She was also a sensational writer and able to give helpful feedback. We met in person in 2010 and shortly after formed our writing support group  Life Writers Ink, along with Cheryl Andrews and Anahita Printer Nepton.

Seven things About Myself
  1. I worked on several archaeology digs in Ontario.
  2. I travelled to Mexico by myself.
  3. I worked for the British Museum of Natural History measuring Bronze Age Skulls.
  4. I love chocolate.
  5. I have 4 children and 7 grandchildren.
  6. I love flowers.
  7. I live on a farm.
And an 8th one might be: I hate writing about myself!

Pass It On

I would like to pass this award on to the following bloggers:
  1. Gabriele Wills The Obsessed Writer
  2. Kathleen Pooler Write On!
  3. Dan Curtis
  4. Lori Thatcher Memoir, Poetry, Short Story, Musings
and give special mention to the following veteran bloggers:
  1. Kristin den Hartog and her daughter http://www.blogofgreengables.blogspot.com/
  2. Elizabeth Young http://www.thegardengate.blogspot.com/
  3. Linda Hoye http://lindahoye.com/

No comments: